Middle Michigan Development Corporation has worked diligently to provide businesses with the most up-to-date resources to assist small businesses, front line workers and community members recover during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Michigan Small Business Survival Grant (MSBSG) Program is the latest effort to assist small businesses with their economic recovery. Eligible businesses located in Arenac, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Isabella and Midland counties can receive grants of up to $20,000 if they were completely closed or up to $15,000 if they were partially closed as a result of the November 2020 and December 2020 Gatherings and Face Mask Order, need working capital to cover business related expenses and can demonstrate an income loss.
Applications will open on Tuesday, January 19th at 9 am and close at 12 pm (noon) on Friday, January 22nd.
Middle Michigan Development Corporation is one of 15 organizations within the State of Michigan that was selected to help facilitate the administration of this program. Eligible businesses can learn more about the program at the link below.
Learn More: http://michiganbusiness.org/survival
To be eligible for funding under the program, small businesses must be a for-profit or nonprofit company or organization and must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Had between 1 and 100 employees (including full-time, part-time and owner-employees) on a world-wide basis on November 17, 2020
- Is in an industry that demonstrates it is affected by the “Gatherings and Face Mask Order” issued on 11/18/2020 and 12/7/2020
- Needs working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses or other similar expenses
- Demonstrates an income loss as a result of the “Gatherings and Face Mask Order” issued on 11/18/2020 and 12/7/2020
- Is NOT a live music or entertainment venue that is eligible for the Michigan Stages Grant (Public Act 257 of 2020; Section 401)
- Has a physical presence or storefront and is not a home-based business
- If applicable, has all active and valid state license(s) and/or registration(s) to legally operate
- The application period will open on Tuesday, January 19th at 9:00 am and close at 12 pm (noon) on Friday, January 22nd
- All applications will be reviewed and scored beginning on Monday, January 25th
- Notified grantees will have until 5 pm on Thursday, January 28th to return a completed contract, a completed W-9 and a completed ACH transfer form by one of the following: Email: ; Fax: (989) 773-2115; or in-person to the MMDC office located at 200 East Broadway Street in downtown Mt. Pleasant
Due to the extremely short turnaround time as indicated within the legislation, this grant program will require your preparation and total cooperation. If you have not already created a Connect Space account for prior grant applications, your first step will be to create that account prior to applying for this grant funding. If you previously applied for the Michigan Small Business Restart Grant, you should already have a Connect Space login.
Applicants should go to https://pmbc.connect.space and click on “Sign Up Now” to create an account prior to the application opening. Please note your password as it may be necessary to enter when signing into your account in order to apply.
Create your new Connect Space Account Link: https://pmbc.connect.space
Additional Relief and Recovery Support Opportunities:
Additional COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Support opportunities can be found on our website.